Child Dedication @ MPFBC
18“Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.
19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
20 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates,
21 so that your days and the days of your children may be many in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors, as many as the days that the heavens are above the earth.”
We are thrilled that you seek to dedicate your child to the Lord’s Hands and His Plan! We want to note that this does NOT save your child in any way, but is a public opportunity for you to declare your commitment to raising your child in a Christ-centered home. It’s also an opportunity for our church to surround you and support you in your parenting journey and to also begin to pray for you and with you!
Our Children’s Ministry strongly believes that the foundation of a child’s spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical growth begins at home. We will do all we can to assist you with this, pray for you and your child, and to encourage you along the way!
Children are a gift from the Lord and we are excited to celebrate this milestone in your child’s life. This may be your biological child, your adopted child, your foster child, a family member’s child living under your roof, or your own child and you’re a single parent. We applaud you for desiring God’s Very Best for the child He has entrusted to you at whatever age or whatever way he or she came to live with you at this moment!
Q. Is there a child dedication class that I need to attend?
- We do not have a set class to attend, but we do have a few things for you to do to prepare for the dedication. There are 2 videos, a few items to collect and email to Jenny Phillips, and a few questions for you to answer that must be done before dedication.
Q. What ages of children can be dedicated?
- Technically, any age child can be dedicated. Remember, this does not mean your child has Salvation, but that you are dedicating your child to the Lord’s Hands and His Plans and committing yourself to raise your child in a Christ-centered home.
Q. Who can be dedicated?
- Any child can be dedicated to the Lord! If a child is in your home and under your care, you are responsible for his or her spiritual upbringing so a biological, adopted, foster child or a child temporarily in your official care can be dedicated to the Lord.
Q. What will the dedication look like?
- It will be during our service time and will consist of a short exhortation to you and the church body to do what we can, when we can to aid in the growth of your child’s spiritual growth. We will introduce your family, including other siblings, and pray for you all as well. You will be given two small gifts to help you, as parents, remember the importance of the task God has put before you.
Q. Can extended family come?
- Absolutely! We warmly invite your entire family!
Expecting, Adopting, Fostering?
First, congratulations! What an exciting time in your family! We would love to begin to pray for your family as it grows! Please click here and fill out this form with some quick information so we can celebrate with you and keep up with all of the excitement!
Contact Jenny Phillips (email@example.com) if you would like to find out more about our Child Dedication and when you can participate!